Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Interesting observation

I've decided that writing in cursive works the right side of my brain and in turn spawns creativity.

I never write in cursive. Ever. Well, not for anything that would ever be read by anyone but myself. On occasion, I do however, jot down musings for the beginnings of stories. I don't think I've ever been able to write down a single one of these stories without doing it in cursive. I don't know why that is. I have typed up stories before, sort of - I think?, but I think my favorite story beginnings (because I never get far) have always been written in my worst handwriting (because I was never very good at the cursive stuff) on small sheets of paper.

I never really thought about this until just now when I was, once again, jotting down the beginnings of a story on a small scrap of paper in my illegible cursive.

Random? Yes.

Now ... back to what I was doing.

No comments: