Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Student Loans


Hallelujah, praise be, and all those other shouts of joy. After forking over 95-110% of my paychecks for the last few months, my student loans are finally paid off.

We were able to pay off 5 years worth of student loan debt in 8 1/2 months. I think we deserve an award of some sort. Although, not having to worry about it any more is reward enough.

Too bad Ben is starting Grad school stuff and we'll just have to start the whole process over again here in a few months.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

This is huge! I wish we were there. That is really smart of you and it's an accomplishment. At least you have your old ones paid off before you get new ones!

christy said...

it's a worthwhile investment and you'll get them paid off quickly too once ben is out of grad school. good job! it took us years to get ours paid off.

Lauren Jayne said...

Wow, you must be getting way better paychecks than me! Congrats, that really is an awesome achievement!

BrookeJean said...

I'll be honest. For the 3 1/2 months I didn't have a job we were still paying them off using most all of the money from our savings account so I doubt your paycheck is better. We are just REALLY REALLY poor now! :)