Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Survey


Christmas Survey

Okay here's what you're supposed to do and try not to be a scrooge!!!

Change all the answers so that they apply to you.

It is just fun to see everyone's answers. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper - it makes the opening process take longer so the excitement lasts just a bit longer.

2. Real tree or artificial? Real. They smell so yummy.

3. When do you put up the tree? It's always up ... we call them "Holiday Tress"

4. When do you take the tree down? Never ... it just transforms into the Valentine's Day Trees and then into St. Patrick Day Tress, etc.

5. Do you like eggnog? It's not my favorite but I do love Eggnog french toast. It just gives it the perfect zing that french toast needs.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? It was a blue shiny dress. I drew a picture of it and took it to a Santa in the mall. On Christmas morning when I walked in our front room my dress was on a hanger and it had the picture pinned to it. I knew from that moment on (and still to this day) that Santa was real. No matter what anyone else said-esp. my parents.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Ben and my Dad (I just have no idea what boys want ... especially grown up boys)

8. Easiest person to buy for? This year it was Keri, my sister. But usually it's anyone younger than 6.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I don't know where exactly we got it from though. It was just in our Christmas stuff this year when I was putting up decor.

10.Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Snail mail is always awesome. It is more personal. But I still love attention no matter what form it comes in.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well technically I never received the gift which is why it's the worst ... When I was little my parents had me leave the room cause they needed to talk about what we were getting for Christmas. So I left the room and hid just outside the room and eavesdropped on them. My mom and dad were talking about how they got us one of those electric cars (that I had always wanted). Anyway, I was so excited I told my sister who then told my mom I listened. Anyway, Christmas came and we didn't get the car and I always assumed it was because my mom likes surprises and since she knew we knew what she got us she took it back. Anyway, it made me like surprises and now I never peek or anything when it comes to presents, although, I found out last week that my parents never got us that car. They must have just said that cause they knew I was listening. So sad!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? The Christmas Shoes is good .. it always makes me cry. I can't really remember watching any other Christmas movies in the last few years.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually around November. Only 2 presents left and I'll be done!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably. I can't remember a specific time but it kind of seems like something I'd do. Or I'd use it in a White Elephant Exchange the next year.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hot chocolate

16. Lights on the tree? Yes. Yes. Lights EVERYWHERE!

17. Favorite Christmas song? I think I Love them/despise (depending on the time of year) them all the same.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Well, staying home seems like lots of fun but I am guessing we will be traveling for several years which is always fun too.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes. All I have to do is sing the Rudolph song.

20. Angel on the tree top? Well, sure. I like stars also. We don't have either.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We always opened 1 present Christmas eve - which was usually pajamas from my grandparents - and the rest Christmas morning after waiting an eternity for my parents to say we could come in the room.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Well in the past - Finals. But now I am going to have to say the cold and the snow.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I really liked the cowboy themed trees at The Festival of Trees but I don't think I'm experienced enough in this area to have an official response.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I really love mashed potatoes. But I love them always.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A vacation to somewhere warm where I can lay on the beach all day long and get some good ole Vitamin D.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

No comments: