Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tennis = Chaos


I know that the Newman family plays lots of tennis so I hope I don't offend anyone, but I really think tennis makes no sense.

I finally understand the whole scoring system: 15-30-40-You win (Even though I think it's weird not to have a score they go to. Ben says they don't need one because once you get above 40 you win but Volleyball still has a final score!) Anyway, and I know you have to win by 2 so it goes Duece after 40 then AD-to whomever is winning. So I finally have the scoring system down, or so I think.

We are watching the US Open, I think that's what it was, and all of a sudden it's a tie breaker and they go to normal scoring and it's first person to 7. WHOA! Well that would just be fine with me IF I hadn't just gone through the whole process of figuring out the normal scoring system - which obviously isn't that normal. So now I have to process the idea of weird scoring combined with normal scoring and let's just say it gives me a big headache but I think I've finally gotten it down. So, Ben can watch tennis without me trying to figure out why the heck they just went from 15 points to 30 and why all of a sudden they are only getting one point per score. And I can rest easy knowing I don't know how to play a sport, but that's ok because it makes absolutely no sense anyway. Cheers to Chaos!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Brian loves tennis and I have always thought the same thing about the scoring system. It makes no sense. I'm glad I'm not the only one!