Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day is a Special Day

We were walking through the parking lot at Costco the other day and I was watching Ben pull the cart while Dragon pushed it and I just re-realized how completely lucky I am.

Not to embarrass Ben but I really couldn't have asked for a better father to my children and a better husband to me.

It helps that he's still a big kid at heart. No wonder he's Dragon's favorite. And Colt's second favorite--which will only be the case until Colt learns how to eat on his own and then Ben will be Colt's favorite as well.


I love that he humors my overly complex party planning,


that he always makes time to play with Dragon even after a long day at work,


and that he can let our kid sit in mud and not care about his dirty clothes because our kid is having fun. I try really hard not to care but I just can't do it!



When the wind is blowing and there's not a kite to be found, he makes one from our fast food to-go box and hamburger wrappers.


And I especially love that he can actually get it to fly! 


He's also the world's best spotter while Dragon climbs the world's tallest mountains.


It would take a lot longer than this post to tell you all the reasons I love Ben as a dad so we'll just sum it up with this:

He would have been the world's best dad just by loving my kids but everything else he does (which is so so so so much) is just the icing on the cake.

Thanks Ben for all you do. Happy Father's Day!


1 comment:

Fran said...

I'm SO impressed with that kite!