Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Halloween!

In case you didn't know, I love Halloween. It is definitely one of my favorite holidays. 

It was so depressing when Halloween would come and go without donning a single Halloween costume...and then we moved to Seattle.

We made friends that loved Halloween even more than I did and they had an annual themed Halloween party (a few days earlier than Halloween). Those friends have since moved away but other friends have stepped up to the plate each year. Needless to say, Halloweens have been WAAAY more fun ever since.

This year's theme was "Good vs. Evil". 

I'd planned Dragon's Halloween costume months before so we tried to figure out a way to fit our costume idea in with the theme so we didn't have to do two costumes this year.

I think we pulled it off! 

[insert song "one of these things is not like the other"]


I was trying to make the Percy face in case you are wondering why I look like a crazy person. 


The party was so fun! I love catching up with our Seattle friends. 

Ben was such a good sport! If he could choose, he'd happily be costume free. 

I hate only wearing a costume once so I'm glad we had a few other opportunities to put them on. 

The ward had a fun Halloween carnival. Dragon loved it and Colt pretty much slept through the entire thing.


The picture below is definitely my favorite Sir Topham Hatt picture since you can actually see most of his costume. That vest is the first item of clothing I've ever made. I'm pretty happy about it. It was definitely flawed but I did it!



Finally, The last day for Thomas and Friends ... Halloween! I was ecstatic the costumes survived that long! They were definitely not the most durable costumes of all times.


After dinner we headed out the door and made it 5 whole houses! 

Dragon got a hold of my camera and captured the perfect picture to explain why we only made it out trick or treating for about fifteen minutes:


He wasn't the only one with an illness on Halloween. I was wiping noses all week. And Ben started feeling sick Thursday plus he had a sprained ankle so I was just happy we got to go out trick or treating at all!

Not to worry, despite a cold, Colt was all smiles for his first Halloween



Except for when he wasn't: 


And, finally, a couple more shots of Thomas, who was purposefully hiding his face from the camera. What a little pill ... but it did make for some good shots of my masterpiece!



So ... the Island of Sodor wishes you a late Happy Halloween. Until next year, ghosts, goblins and ghouls! 


No comments: