Monday, September 1, 2014

A disappointing (for me) trip to the park

I planned all weekend to take the boys to a park near-ish to us that has a little animal farm/petting zoo, a splash pad, and a decent sized playground to play on. Last Monday morning we got dressed, ate our breakfast and got all ready to go.

I got a tiny bit lost on the way there but we made it eventually.  I wouldn't have minded getting lost so much if things had gone the way they were supposed to.

Anyway, as soon as we pulled in I see a sign below the big sign for the animal farm that says, "Closed for the season". Boo!

I was really bummed about that but I was still determined to have a good time at the park and splash pad so we headed over to the park. Of course, the first thing Dragon wanted to do was swing. Unfortunately, I had to attend to Colt's needs for a few minutes so I got to listen to Dragon saying, "swing, swing, swing, swing" the entire time, despite there being a HUGE playground for him to enjoy.

Well, eventually I was able to get him in the swing and, as always, he was happy as long as he was going "High!".

The best part about our trip to the park was that it was Colt's first time in the swing:



After 15 minutes on the swings I tried to convince Dragon to play in the water at the splash pad or at least try out the slides on the playground but he was content with the swings.

I wouldn't have been annoyed with this if I hadn't driven 15-20 minutes to get to this park since there is a park in our neighborhood that has swings at it!

Of course, as soon as I told Dragon it was time to go home, that's when he wanted to finally play on the rest of the playground. Silly guy.

Ugh. Anyway, it was still a fun outing I'm just bummed it didn't turn out the way I'd hoped it would. Maybe next year, I guess!

No comments: