Sunday, August 31, 2014

A visit to the farm

This farm isn't your average farm. It's actually a farm with a mini-amusement park that's meant to have a "county fair" type feel.

We got Dragon really excited the day before telling him we were going to be a having a lot of fun when he woke up.

He kept saying "FUN!" as we were driving to our destination. He was so excited even though he had no idea what we were going to be doing.

Once we got there he went into towel mode. Towel mode is a mode Dragon has had since he was born. It's his super serious, taking everything in so he doesn't have anything left to smile and sometimes he doesn't even move.

Despite his face in most of these pictures, he really is having an awesome time!

First stop, the train. He went straight for the conductor's spot. I tried to tell him how to ring the bell but he just held onto it like this the entire time.

Post train/pre-flying-corn ride:

He was so anxious about getting on this pony. He was trying so hard to get away as I lifted him up onto it but once he was on it was all good. 

As you can see in this picture, the person guiding Dragon's pony was a real delight. (I hope you can sense my sarcasm!) Although, I suppose, in her defense it was REALLY hot that day. 

And he was off to go around the little path!

Then we made it to the boats.

After the boats we hopped on a train that everyone could ride.

On the train we saw alpacas and cows and chickens and ... some other animals that I can't seem to recall. 

The train was the perfect spot for Colt to take a nap. 

As we got off the train Dragon saw this and made a bee-line for the steering wheel, despite other kids being on it already. 

After the tractor he made his way onto the bus.

He climbed in and took a seat all on his own. When I peeked in the bus this is what I saw:

He was just giving the bus driver instructions. I think he was a little bummed that it didn't drive anywhere but he got over it pretty quick. 

While Dragon was busy playing in the school bus, Colt was sleeping in front of the "Cool Bus". I just needed an extra reminder that he was indeed with us the day we visited Remlinger Farms! The sweet kid was an angel. It was so hot but he just hung out in his car seat in the stroller sleeping or looking around for most of the day. He barely made a peep. 

After I spent some time staring at my baby boy I peeked back in the bus and found Dragon driving. 

"All aboard!" 

Next, he found his way to the "wee-ooo". 

This place seriously had all of Dragon's favorite things! It was like a two-year old boy's dream land.

After pretend driving the bus and fire truck he got to steer a car while the rest of us sat back and enjoyed the ride!

Up until this point it was pretty much non-stop from one thing to the next. We stopped for a bit to eat some food but even that break didn't last long. 

When we made it to the next ride Dragon just walked right up to the thing and climbed on without any help from his parent's. 

This was by far my favorite ride to watch him on. He looked so big when he was climbing on and off.

And, while the ride was going, he sat perfectly still, with his perfect posture, looking straight ahead.
I don't know what it was about the image but it just made me giggle. I could have watched him doing this all day long.

I got to ride alone with Dragon on a barrel spinning ride. I know how much he loves to spin in circles at home but I was wary about how he'd do on something like this. Turns out, like everything else, I had nothing to worry about. He loved it just as much, if not more, as everything else. I even got a few pretty good laughs out of him as we spun in circles "so fast!"

One of the last rides of the day was on the Flying Pumpkins! By this point, I was seriously dying of heat and was more than ready to get home but Dragon was having so much fun that I didn't want to drag him away. Luckily, Ben was getting ready to go as well so we re-rode the small train ride and then headed back to the car.

I was certain after all his fun that Dragon would crash in the car a few seconds after we got driving but I think he was so wound up from taking everything in and having so much fun that he couldn't sleep.

Needless to say he was a really sleepy little boy by bedtime but he'd definitely had a day full of fun!

One thing I was really surprised by, was how well he did with waiting in line. I saw a lot of kids having meltdowns about having to wait but Dragon took it in stride. I wonder if he'd be as patient if we went again next year.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Sounds like he "outfunned" his parents.