Thursday, September 12, 2013

A blueberry picking we go

Because Ben has been commuting with our car I've missed out on the playgroup activities. I could have just caught a ride with someone but I never know what E's nap schedule for the day is going to be and I don't want to make someone else plan their trip around him. Instead, I've been making a list of the places our ward playgroup goes and then I drag Ben along on the weekend.


One place on the list was the Mountainview Blueberry Picking Farm. I'm glad Ben was able to come with. It was awesome and he's now, finally, convinced that blueberries do actually taste good if you eat the right ones. And, luckily for us, we timed it just right to get their giant, juicy, tastiest variety of blueberries.

While we may not have been as efficient as we could have been without a little guy who just wanted to wander off into the blueberry bushes and explore, we still got a good buckets worth.



Or at least we had a good buckets worth until E found them.




After our blueberry bandit finished his gluttony, he decided it was time for a well needed rest.



Which was just further proof that our kiddo is indeed related to the grizzly bear.

My only regret of the day is not picking more blueberries. We'd finished most of them off by lunchtime. And they were definitely all gone by breakfast the next morning. Costco blueberries have nothing on the ones we picked that day! We'll definitely be going back next year.

No comments: