Friday, November 16, 2012

The Bathroom Rug

I'm grateful today for my funny textured bathroom rug that can keep E entertained while I shower.

It wasn't all that important until he learned this little trick:



His bouncy chair has made showering possible since he was born. It's also how he stay entertained long enough for me to do my hair and makeup (most days). So, when he learned this little stunt which he does Every. Single. Time. he gets put in it, I wasn't sure what I was going to do. Luckily, we have a fun feeling bathroom rug and markers. And, since he can't crawl, he sits happily and plays.

He sits so happily that today while I was showering after a long night, I forgot for a moment that I had a kid. Of course, the next moment I remembered and proceeded to panic because I hadn't heard him playing for that entire moment. Turns out he was just happy grabbing the rug in his fists so I went on to finish my shower and do my hair and make up.

Yay for the simple things.

2 comments:

Fran said...

I love that he looks back on his accomplishment.

Frances said...

How adorable! I bet that your kid would definitely love bathing in one of those jetted bathtubs out there.