Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hungry, hungry hippo and 5 months old

We'd been talking about introducing solid foods on E's 6 month birthday. But then something interesting happened. We couldn't eat our own food without him trying to grab whatever we were eating. And he would eat all of his food and still want more even though there was nothing I could do about it.

Well, we caved a month early. I'm glad we did. That kid was in heaven.

His first bite of "solid" food in celebration of turning 5 months old today! (we decided to start with oatmeal - Thanks Kelsey for the help/tips/advice!)


I think this is his, "Mom, why didn't you give me this stuff sooner?!" face.


"Here, let me help you get that spoon in my mouth"


Not too cold.


Not too hot.


Yep. That's juuuust right.


I love this picture way too much. So much so that I just can't figure out the right thing to say. I guess I need Ben's expert captioning experience right about now.


  So many cute pictures. I probably should have cut a few out but I loved them all and honestly couldn't pick which ones to leave behind.


He was fascinated by the spoon and the cereal.


Oh this face. It will always make me smile no matter how big of a mess follows it.


"What were we doing again?"


"Oh right, tell me more about this, 'food' you speak of."


And, so you can all pretend you were there with us to celebrate this milestone, I give you a video:








I still can't believe he's old enough to even be considering eating solid foods. Where has the time gone?

1 comment:

kelsey said...

That was his first time? He took to it like a champ. I guess solids was the answer.