Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Now we know it all...

It's official. We've graduated. We now know everything there is to know about giving birth, breastfeeding, and taking care of our soon-to-be newborn.

Game on.

.....

Or not.

Although, we definitely know a lot more than we did a few months ago. We finished our seven week birthing class yesterday and I do feel a lot more prepared for the events that are going to unfold here in about 58 days but ... at what point do I gain the inspiring knowledge that makes me all-knowing when it comes to raising my kids?

I know my parents had this while I was growing up so I'm just waiting for mine to kick in any day now.

5 comments:

Mrs. Mike said...

Hmmm......I'm still waiting for my all-knowing inspiration to kick in and I'm almost 9 years into this parenting thing now. If yours kicks in before mine, please let me know and I'll send my kids your way.

Only 8 more weeks! So exciting!

kelsey said...

Ha. The answer is ... never ... but hopefully you now have enough training to fake it. :) Can't wait!

Unknown said...

They're right, the answer is "never," but trust yourself and your instincts! You guys are good, intelligent people. There will be problems, but you can handle them!

Jess and Richard said...

You will be amazed at how naturally it comes and how quickly you will learn what your baby needs.

Al and Ash said...

I'm in the never train. I still have no clue what to do with Ty. Each milestone brings new challenges and new joys. The only thing I have learned is to rely on the sayings Enjoy the Journey, and this too shall pass. :) Isn't it great to think that your parents didn't have all the answers, but you always thought they did? It gives me hope that I can fool Ty into thinking that one day!