Friday, September 24, 2010

Razorbacks

I went to Roy Jr. High. I think it was 2 years, maybe 3, before I went there that a lawsuit forced all the schools to change their mascots from Indians to something else. I believe we were the Redskins prior to the change.

Anyway, as far as I know, the 9th graders were able to vote on the new mascot. That's right. The people leaving the school, never having to be plagued with the mascot were the ones who got to pick.

Why in the world did they choose to make us Razorbacks?


Part of me wonders if it was their version of a "senior prank". Another part wonders if this rumor of how the mascot was chosen is an urban legend. Either way, Tigers, Lions, Bears, Rattlesnakes, Cougars, Cheetahs, Ogres, Darkspawn, Geth - all of these would be better than a big giant pig. That's right, I never learned the meaning of school pride with that horrendous mascot hovering over me.

Oh well. At least I got the best mascot imaginable during College. Go Cougars. Win a few football games this year ... Please?

1 comment:

Adam and Hilary said...

What about the Huskies
By the way I have yr 3 books. :)