Thursday, February 25, 2010

Still Working

I realize I never publicly posted our decision about my current job and whether I'd be accepting the permanent position.

Well, here is the post to rectify that.

I turned down the permanent position but I'm still working for the Physics department, for now. They had originally thought that I would probably work until the end of February (which is this weekend if you can believe that). Anyway, things haven't gone quite as quickly as they would have liked in regards to getting the job up and posted on the UW HR web page so I'll be here at least another week.

I have a feeling they are mostly keeping me around because they feel bad about the whole situation. They could have just had me work one week and then sent me on my way but I'm trying to prove myself useful for the most part. But at the same time, it's hard to be motivated to wake up in the morning when I keep thinking that Friday will be my last day. But I've worked through two possible last days and I guess I'll have at least 2 more (if you include tomorrow). So anyway. Cheers to getting up early and being responsible.

On a side note, I did find a bus that will take me home at a reasonable hour (which means it's still light outside when I get home) without me having to leave work early so that has made the last few days much more bearable. I am now only spending 10.5 hours away from home each day instead of 11+. It makes a big difference in my moral.

Anyway, that's all for now. Over and out.

No comments: