Monday, October 12, 2009

Isn't it lovely ...

A friend of ours suggested going on a hike in the nearby mountains. So we met up with him for breakfast and then headed to the trail. I can't get over how beautiful it is here.

Ben found a huge hallowed out tree. I tried to get him to pose in it but he wouldn't so I braved the possibility (and likelyhood) of spiders and climbed on in.

And in case you can't really tell ... here is a shot of the tree from the inside looking up. Awesome.

The worst part about the hike was that it made me realize how likely it is that winter is right around the corner. It was cold! Which is why this picture of Ben about to jump in the water is only a picture of him about to jump in. Had he actually gotten into the water he'd probably have died of hypothermia.

And lastly, a picture of us at our destination. It was beautiful.

I can't wait to go out and explore nature a little more. We've done all the touristy things and now it's time we get into the other stuff.

Oh. Did I mention how it's still sunny? I may be cursing us but I'm pretty happy with the sun still shining. I'm hoping it'll last a few more months.

3 comments:

Fran said...

I thought Ben was standing in white water.

Adam and Hilary said...

where is this?

BrookeJean said...

It's about 15 miles (or min or maybe both) past North Bend. It's on Cougar mountain I think. Supposedly this turns into some sort of natural water slide when the water level is a bit higher.