Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2008 Recap

I stole this from Caitlyn who stole it from someone, who stole it from someone else. So feel free to steal it from me. :)

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Graduated college ... taught primary and nursery ... worried about my weight

2. Did you keep your 2008 resolutions, and will you make more this year?
I don't usually make resolutions. Although, I make goals throughout the year on random scraps of paper that are quickly stowed away and forgotten.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. Lots of people actually. Lots and lots of people. (I'm not going to name names because I am certain to leave someone off the list and I would feel bad)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My grandpa and Ben's grandma and grandpa (even though his grandpa technically died in 2007 all three of their deaths were very close together so I think they should all be on this list). I miss them all. And I especially miss that I didn't get a chance to get to know Ben's grandparents better.

5. What countries did you visit?
None. But we did go to Zion National Park.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I want to have more time and money so I can travel more. Take more trips to random places. I want to see the places I wouldn't normally see.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduation and/or paying off my student loans.

8. What was your biggest failure?
Not staying in shape and failing to keep up an exercise routine.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really. I guess I had a weird hand thing going on at one point and then my knee stuff from time to time and Ben and I both got a little sick shortly after Christmas. But it was all stuff that we could handle from home.

10. What was the best thing you bought?
XBOX 360! :) We didn't really buy much else this last year. Oooooh except our Couch. I do love our couch.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
This question and the next one bug me so I'm not going to answer them.

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
They bug me because I feel like they worded in a way to force a specific answer about a specific person. (Who writes a question like this without having someone specific in mind?) ...

13. Where did most of your money go?
Student Loans. That's where all our money went.

14. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter.

I am the same. Cold. Neither happy or sad. Just wishing summer would come. As for the latter question I am also the same. Unfortunately.

15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Traveling and organizing.

16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sat around doing nothing.

17. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes. I fall in love a lot. (But it's always with the same person so don't worry Ben - cause I know you were.)

18. What was the best new book you read?
The Hunger Games minus the last few chapters. She was just so dumb at the end.

19. What was your favorite film of the year?
The Dark Knight. Definitely. While yes, the film is dark, the ending just always cheers me up so much that I can't help but love it.
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him because he can take it.
Because he's not our hero.
He's a silent guardian,
a watchful protector.
A dark knight. "
... so AWESOME!

20. What kept you sane?
Getting a job. Finally.

21. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Everything happens for a reason. I know that's sort of cliche, but I've witnessed that over and over again.

No comments: