Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Happy {late} Valentine's Day!

We had a fun little Valentine's Day Playdate over at our house because Dragon picked out some Valentines but we didn't really have a good way to give them too his friends. As a result, the mini-valentine's party was created.

I went and grabbed a few things for some valentine's crafts and everyone brought some treats/snacks and the moms all chatted while the kids played with toys and did their crafts.

It was a very last minute party but I thought it was perfect!

Dragon sat and did his craft for a good 15 minutes so I need to remember to pull it out again sometime when I want to him to just be still.



His friends could color a Valentine's bag or put beads on pipe cleaners or make a necklace.


While the older kids were playing with toys, running around like crazy people, or crafting, their younger siblings were hanging out on the floor--the center of attention.



This is not my best picture but I love the face Dragon is making. That is definitely his "I'm scheming!" face.


I didn't actually take any pictures on the actual day of Valentine's but we spent the morning at the park with friends while we waited for Ben to get home from his camp out with the young men.

While at the park, one of my friends--an angel--offered to take the boys that evening so we could go out since her husband was working all day. We obviously accepted the offer and made VERY last minute reservations.

We ended up with a reservation at 4:15 which was actually perfect since neither Ben or myself ate lunch.

It was kind of fun going out to eat sans kids. The last time we went out just the two of us to a restaurant was just before Colt was born!

Unfortunately, Colt's sleep schedule was off so he was sleepy and grumpy the entire time he was at our friends' house.  I felt so bad!

On a better note, dinner was great! P.F. Chang's is always a favorite but, in the last year and a half since I've been, they changed the presentation of their Great Wall of Chocolate. The sauce that I love that goes on it was reduced to a few mere dollops on the plate. I guess they didn't want it going to waste...

Also, I ventured out of my comfort zone and got something new, which I never do. It wasn't bad but it wasn't as good as my normal entre so I was a little bummed. Oh well, next time I'll know that I should just stick with what I love!

It was certainly nice to go out to eat with Ben sans kids and spend the time talking about ... our kids! ;) Just kidding.

We talked about all sorts of things and not once did I have to give someone a stern look or bribe, or threaten or say anything about getting out from under the table. It was certainly a good Valentine's Day in my book!

Hope you had a happy Valentine's Day too! 

No comments: