Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The magical world of books

Books are magical. Bookstores (and libraries) are even better because they are the storehouse for hundreds and hundreds of fantastical worlds. It's my happy place ... or at least it would be if all books were free. As it is, for now I just browse and pretend the bookstores are my own personal library.

There's a dedication in a book (I can't remember which book it came from!) that I absolutely love:

Bookshops are time machines, spaceships, story-makers, secret-keepers, dragon-tamers, dream-catchers, fact-finders, and safe places.

Dragon has, in one way or another, already learned how awesome books are. Some of my favorite moments include peeking in on him and seeing him with a stack of books on his bed, happily and quietly looking through them.

Occasionally, thanks to Dragon, I'll discover a new use for books. .... One I'd never even considered before.


Like a perfect tunnel for a traffic jam of cars, of course.




I'd definitely like to think that creative books do indeed beget more creativity.  ... Even if it's not of a literary nature.

3 comments:

Fran said...

I love it when he is intensely engaged in his little world of play.

Mrs. Mike said...

Clever boy!

kelsey said...

I wish he and Sam could play together!