Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pinterest Party

I invited a bunch of people over for a Pinterest Party/Girl's Night the other day. Everyone got their kids ready for bed then headed over. 

Each person was supposed to pick a food from their Pinterest boards they'd never made and try it out and bring whatever the result was for everyone else to try. The hardest part about this task is narrowing down the hundreds of food pins to just one.

Root Beer Float Cookies and Ghost Brownies!


 We had a bunch of other foods but I didn't get pictures. 

All of the food was super yummy. We ate, chatted and worked on a couple of projects from Pinterest. 

I picked a couple of fun projects for us that I thought would be relatively easy, inexpensive and fun:  a State canvas and some block pumpkins, since it's the Halloween season!

We had Washington, Illinois, Utah, Florida, Italy and a dolphin represented. It was so fun to see everyone's take on the projects. "You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."

I'm not the most creative person. I see projects and use them to inspire my creativity but I have a pretty hard time just creating something on a whim. Being surrounded by people being creative is definitely my favorite way to work on crafts!  Plus, it makes waiting for paint to dry a lot more fun. 


And, our final products looked something like this:



And, the state project was easy enough that I decided to do Idaho the next night.



1 comment:

Fran said...

Ohhhh.....I love idaho with a heart in the magic Valley!