Monday, September 22, 2014

Colt's Protector

Colt had his 4 month check up today which ended with two shots and a lot of tears. But we'll get to that in a minute.

At the beginning of the appointment I asked about getting Dragon's flu shot while we were there so they said that wouldn't be a problem. When shot time came I decided Dragon should go first in case Colt cried lots and made Dragon scared of getting his shot. So the shot came out and Dragon braced himself for the "poke".

He actually cried more for this poke than he did for any other shots in the past year and a half. Obviously he was a little traumatized that I let this happen to him because, after he'd calmed down and I told him it was the baby's turn, he stepped up as his little brother's protector.

As the medical assistant and I tried to get Colt positioned for his shots Dragon practically threw himself over Colt saying, "No! No! No!" It was pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen. He had such a little worried look on his face. "How could you do this to my baby!" was definitely written all over his face.

Unfortunately, it was to no avail. Another sweet nurse distracted him in the hallway with stickers while Colt got his shots.

So Colt is protected from Pertussis, Tetanus, Polio and a bunch of other terrible diseases but that is nothing compared to the fact that I now know he's also protected by his sweet big brother.

2 comments:

Mrs. Mike said...

That is about the sweetest thing I've ever heard!

Fran said...

Oh my heart!