Sunday, September 29, 2013

Gymnastics class for E

E has been going to a community gymnastics class for 18 month - 2 1/2 year olds. His favorite thing is the bar. He usually climbs up on the big pad and then he leans forward and grabs the bar and swings until he lets go and lands on the mat (sometimes on his feet and sometimes on his knees). It's awesome.

Last week we decided to get a bit more brave and practice flips. He loved it! The teacher got a video of his cute little flip. Unfortunately, the video didn't capture his best flip. He usually keeps holding on after the flip and swings for a bit before doing his dismount, but I still thought I'd share.


Not only does E get to go hang out with a bunch of kids his age and play on some fun equipment but I get in quite the workout on gymnastics days as well. 

Since Ben has our car, E and I go for a bike ride to and from the class. The ride there is pretty intense but it has a lot of nice downhills to give me breathers. Unfortunately, those downhills are uphills on the way back and they seem to go on forever. I think pulling a kiddo, groceries, and library books in a trailer while going uphill is definitely getting me in shape.

No comments: