Monday, April 9, 2012

Blessing Day

I feel bad ending our one word, starting with P's, blog title streak but ... I think it's for a good cause.

We blessed E on Easter Sunday - April 8th. My Dad and his wife, Maggie, were able to come up for it and it was so nice to have him in the circle.

For posterity's sake, the circle consisted of Bishop Fred Biehl, David Pickett, Adam Heath, Kurt Anderson, Ken Huddleston and Ben Newman.

I wish all our family could have been there for it so that they could hear how beautiful it was. (Un)Fortunately, Ben forgot to bless him with "liking all desserts" - something he'd mentioned he was going to do the night before.

E was, however, blessed with the ability to recognize the Holy Ghost, follow its promptings and recognize good and truth. As Ben said those last two things, I realized how important that is in this "day and age". Often it's so hard to discern good and truth from wickedness and corruption until it's too late. Satan has really succeeded in camouflaging wickedness. Or at least he's succeeded in making it more acceptable so it's harder to realize that it is indeed wicked - if that makes any sense.

Ben also mentioned the happiness E would experience when he was on his mission and when he gets married in the temple. I know we still have a long ways to go until then but I got super emotional because it's true. I can't say from experience about the happiness that going on a mission brings but I can say that being married in the temple has blessed my life in so many ways. It truly is a source of happiness and I want all that happiness for my little boy.

Anyway, lots of other wonderful things were said but I was busy worrying about E's cries so I may not remember them. I do remember how unhappy he looked up there at the time. He was definitely redfaced and screaming. I think he really just wanted to be held upright, I guess we should have figured out a way to do that. Oh well. He survived and he's now official.

Oh and some more good news: Ben did not bless him with the name E Dragon Hunter Newman, in case you were worried. This was something else Ben had been mulling over for the last few weeks.

My only regret from the day is not getting a better picture of our little guy in his suit. 


Oh well. Here are the pictures we did get from the big day.


Another example of a picture that makes me way too proud of my little family:


Look at how cute my guys are!

1 comment:

kelsey said...

I thought I already commented on this post...

Happy Day! Wish we could have been there. I love that Ethan is wearing a tie. Dapper guy.