Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ben keeps telling me to blog

We've been doing so much and I have so many pictures that it makes the thought of blogging almost overwhelming. It's hard to decide which ones to blog about so I'm going to try to sum it all up with one picture from each adventure. We'll see how it works out.

Some of our May 2011 adventures include:

First, my sister Keri graduated Seminary on May 22nd

and high school on May 23rd.

So I woke her up early and made her go to breakfast with me and my mom.

The next day we drove 12 hours back to Seattle and got a good night's rest.

The first thing we did the next day was experience a dreary, rainy day in Seattle at the Fremont Troll.

A few days later, we gave Ben a break from studying for finals and headed to the Ballard Locks.

Unfortunately, the weather was deceivingly schizophrenic and couldn't decide whether it wanted to shine sun on us or shower rain. So we got a lot of both.

A few days after that we decided to head to UW for some good ole campus fun. Ben met us for lunch and then he showed Keri around and we stopped by the 'Harry Potter Room' (dubbed by Ben himself for it's likeness to the great hall in Harry Potter movies) and we got a picture of Keri and the world's largest book - which I actually think looks like a reflection of her inner self. (Just kidding Keri! I love you)

Then Ben's classmate, Troy, invited us to go sailing so we quickly agreed and headed out for an hour of intense fun. There were a few minutes we spent staring straight down at the water because the sail boat was at such a steep angle, but don't worry, we made it out alive and we were never really worried because Troy acted so calm and collected. Turns out he was freaking out inside but he did a great job at hiding it!


Later that night we met up with some other friends at Buca Di Beppo, an Italian restaurant I've been wanting to go to for years!

Great times were had. And the food was Excellent!

On Memorial Day we headed to another friend's house for a BBQ and some Minute To Win It games. (I had to include more than one picture for this because ... I just did)


We had a lot of fun hanging out with friends and eating good food while enjoy one of the first, of hopefully many, Sunny summer days.

And that was our May 2011!

Stay tuned for what we've been up to this June!

No comments: