Saturday, January 9, 2010

What's in your cookie jar?

I think most of the people who read this blog already know my little personal goal of going a month without sweets. The "no sweets" thing is hard to define though. Does that mean no hot chocolate? No rootbeer?

Well, Ben helped me decide that rootbeer is a definite no and the hot chocolate thing ... I'm still deciding. I do have sugar free apple cider so I guess if I need a warm drink I could always go to that.

Anyway, since I started this Ben has been a sweet husband and has taken the lead to make sure and eat any possible leftover holiday temptations. We no longer have any chocolate, cookies, brownies, or candy lying around our apartment. I filled up our cookie jar today with 3 boxes of granola/fruit bars and I'm still not craving any sugary things - unless you count hot chocolate. (I really think the holidays did me in for awhile).

So I am now on day 5 and going strong! Like I said on Facebook, my only weakness is my boredom. When I am bored I go seeking out sweets or I make cookies. When I get bored now I'll have to channel my energy into something less sugary.

Anyway, mostly I'm glad I am doing this because I realize that sweets are something that are so easily lived without (yes, I'm only 5 days in) at least at this time of year. However, had I done this little goal a month ago I would have surely failed. So maybe next year my goal will be around the holidays and not to go completely without but to limit myself. Ha, I don't even know if that's possible. It's all or nothing when it comes to candy and cookies for Ben and me.

Anyway, that's all my thoughts on the subject for now. Only 26 days to go.

1 comment:

Fran said...

I vote FOR hot chocolate.