Thursday, August 28, 2008

Swimming



I am taking a swimming for fitness class offered to faculty, staff and family here at the U. My first day of class was yesterday and I LOVED it. I am completely sore today but it is so worth it. I have always loved swimming. As a kid, I spent every day during the summer at our neighborhood swimming pool. Stormy days were my favorite because me and my sister and friends would have the pool all to ourselves. I always had a season pass and I always beat everyone I raced. Anyway, it's been a long time since I actually swam a workout swim but it only took one length of the pool to realize that I still loved it as much as ever. My muscles ache, but my knees feel fine which is one reason I avoid running. Anyway, YAY for swimming I can finally feel like I'm doing something to stay fit.

No comments: